The Dementia Elevator team are delighted to announce that the Dementia Awareness Training for Financial Services is now available.
It is intended that this training will provide staff working in financial institutions with some awareness and skills to better support customers living with a type of dementia. The training is completely free and can be accessed on this website here.
The programme aims to be interactive and engaging, using filmed scenarios, exercises, an online forum and a quiz. It was developed in close consultation with staff working in the financial services sector, as well as people with dementia. An overview of the content is set out below.
The programme consists of seven modules:
- Overview of dementia.
- The impact of stigma and diagnosis.
- Basic skills and strategies to support a customer with possible dementia.
- Good communication techniques.
- The question of financial abuse.
- Working with relatives/carers.
- Dementia friendly physical environments.