– Free, online resource now available!
This comprehensive programme aims to provide carers with a range of skills which will enable them to support the person with dementia in their care, and to help them live well in their homes for longer. Participants will be taught to recognise the emotions, goals and coping strategies of the person with dementia, while learning about the importance of self-care.
The content of this programme will also be very beneficial to health and social care staff who work regularly with people with dementia.
The programme content is divided into five chapters:
- Focusing on the person with dementia
- The importance of self-care
- Maintaining relationships between carer and the person with dementia.
- Understanding and exploring emotions of a person with dementia
- Supporting the person with everyday activities
The training aims to be interactive and engaging with features including:
- Interviews with people with dementia, family carers and professionals
- A range of videos examples demonstrating the skills in everyday situations
- A personal narrator and use of characters
- A downloadable personal reflection journal
- Additional resources with each chapter
- A resource pack for group delivery
Access the programme here